Happy entrance into Spring and welcome to another growing season with the BSP Community Garden!
***** FIRST WORK DAY OF THE SEASON *****
April 30th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Come and roll up your sleeves for mulch distribution
over paths, compost piles maintenance, general clean up.
Please bring your own tools.
A few things to share:
1. There is a team effort leading the garden this season. HOORAY, and thank you.
Nicole – membership and payments
Willis – Web-site/blog
Willis and Rebecca – administrative tasks/coordination, contact people and outreach
Kate and Eamon – finances & BSP Board members and liaisons
2. This is our new format for Community Garden group communication, using a google group (email@example.com). We have updated the membership list to reflect the new season's community -- let us know if you are receiving emails but don't want to be.... If you have something to share with the whole garden group, please use this google group.
3. There is polypropylene available in the garden for covering early spring plantings. (It was used for the skating rink.) If any gardeners would like to recycle the rink plastic to protect their plants/start early you are welcome to it.
4. April 23rd will be Brown Street Park Day come and join in the fun!
5. April 30th, the following Saturday, 10:00 to 2:00 will be the first work day for the Community Garden – come and roll up your sleeves for mulch distribution over paths, compost piles maintenance, general clean up, other tasks? Please bring your own tools.
6. Reminder! The Community Garden is organic – no chemical fertilizers, etc.
7. Organic kitchen waste from members may go in compost. MUST not include ANY fat or protein. If in doubt….leave it out!
7. Please share your ideas for what to grow in your beds – success stories from last year and lessons learned the hard way! Remember that vine plants and things that grow very large may end up encroaching on your neighbors’ beds. Plan carefully!
See you all soon!